IDT offers an extensive line of high-performance, low power, low-latency RapidIO switches which are ideal for peer-to-peer multiprocessor embedded systems up to 12.5 Gbaud per serial link. IDT's RapidIO switches are low power, low latency with industry leading interoperability, configurability, and power per port. Today, IDT is shipping six generations of RapidIO switches in wireless, video, military, and industrial applications supporting both the RapidIO 3.1, 2.1 and 1.3 standards.
RapidIO switches are the backbone of 4G, CRAN and 5G wireless base stations for chip-to-chip, board-to-board and chassis-to-chassis links including secure encryption/decryption of the S-RIO protocol for out-of-the-box cabling. This overall offering makes pervasive mobile broadband a reality. IDT RapidIO is literally bringing high definition real-time imaging, video and teleconferencing systems to life. In military and embedded computing, the reliability and robustness of IDT RapidIO is battlefield proven, making missions safer and making it possible for OEMs to deploy complex multi-processor systems in everything from fighter aircraft to shipborne electronics.
RapidIO is ideal for connecting clusters of embedded processors in a peer-to-peer network, which to date has been impossible with other embedded interconnect for any system that requires a more than a few processors and where large amounts of data must be exchanged between processors with low and deterministic latency with no software overhead for protocol termination.
The IDT portfolio of switches includes products with a rich set of features spanning all required port counts and bandwidth. With IDT's combined Tsi, CPS and RXS switch portfolio, we offer the industry's most comprehensive family of RapidIO switches. Download the IDT S-RIO Switch Feature Comparison Chart for a detailed comparison of the RXS, CPS and Tsi RapidIO devices.
- Download: Supercomputing at the Mobile Edge Overview
- Video: "Energy Efficient BrownDwarf Supercomputer Changes the Game at ISC" This video describes the Browndwarf Supercomputer and the differentiation of RapidIO in Supercomputing that requires multi processors and is very latency and power sensitive.
- IDT announcement: IDT RapidIO® 20 Gbps-per-port Switches Provide High-performance Interconnect for Low-power BrownDwarf Supercomputer
- Article: RCR Wireless - Reader Forum: Cloud radio access and small cell networks based on RapidIO
- View the new Video Interview from EE Times-China at Design West (Chinese language)
- View the new Video Interview from Engineering TV: “IDT Showcases RapidIO Plugfest” at Design West
IDT Secure-Access Information Documents and Literature
Please contact SRIO@idt.com for full access to all product collateral including: datasheets, users manuals, device models, software tools, reference designs, application notes and white papers.